CFI.co Meets Luis Gerardo Del Valle Torres
Luis has extensive experience in Tax consultancy in both domestic and international tax fields, including corporate and commercial, mergers and acquisitions, banking and finance insurance law, strategic alliances, joint ventures, investments and fund structures, tax litigation and private clients.
- Cambridge Overseas Society,
- Barra Mexicana Colegio de Abogados
- Colegio de Profesores e Investigadores de Derecho Fiscal y Finanzas Públicas
- Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa.
- Luis Del Valle received from the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México authorities the Eduardo García Maynez and Gabino Barreda medals for obtaining the highest academic achievement in his class; He has also been awarded with the first place in the National Contest of Administrative Justice organized by the Federal Court of Tax and Administrative Justice and has participated in numerous seminars, panels.
- International Fiscal Association
- French, English and Spanish
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Attorney at Law, magna cum laude, 1999; University of Cambridge, England, British-Chevening Scholarship, Master’s in Commercial Law, 2001; University of New York, NYU, Master’s in International Tax Law, 2002. Publications: Sistema Fiscal Federal Mexicano.- Su Revisión ante los Principios Jurídicos y Económicos” edited by the “Tribunal Federal de Justicia Fiscal y Administrativa,” 2001
Overview of the Firm
Del Valle Torres, S.C. has its offices in Mexico City and is one of the leading law firms in Mexico specializing in tax. In general the firm’s attorneys have law degrees from Mexican universities and LLMs or post-graduate studies in leading Universities in the United States of America and Europe. Del Valle Torres, S.C. is committed to excellence and has worked in major transactions having one of the most important practices in the country in tax on cross-border –transactions, real estate, private clients and litigation.
Main areas of practice: Del Valle Torres, S.C. renders tax consultancy services in general, including domestic and cross-border transactions.
This Mexican law firm has ample expertise in the structuring of investment funds for the most important real estate funds and pension plans both domestic and international.
The firm provides tax advice to high net-worth and ultra high-net-worth individuals, international banks and insurance companies on the design of products for purposes of estate and wealth planning.
Del Valle Torres S.C. has broad expertise in administrative reviews before the tax authorities, as well as litigation on nullity Petitions and Amparo procedures before the Mexican Federal Court of Tax and Administrative Justice, District and Circuit Courts and the Supreme Court of Justice.
Latin America Offices / Mexico
Edificio Omega, Campos Elíseos No. 345
Floor 5, Office 501 B
Col. Chapultepec Polanco
C.P. 11560, México, City
Tel. + 52 55 9126 1560
Fax +52 55 9126 1573